“…Clever, catchy, dangerously original, well produced, and largely under the radar. Do not risk not knowing about this stuff.” (‘Anarchy Monarchy’ EP review – BEAT Magazine)
KOshowKO is the brainchild of Polish-born, Melbourne-based music producer Martin K, also known for his nu-disco releases under the Philosophy Of Sound moniker on Discotexas and ambient releases with Iubar Project.
He started KOshowKO in 2004 and used it as a vehicle to collaborate with several artists and explore various shades of electronic music from dub to electronica and indie pop. KOshowKO has released tunes on Emerald And Doreen, Clan Analogue and Martin’s own label Las Machinas. The act has performed live across a variety of venues in Australia and at White Night, Renaissance Festival, Opoeia Festival, Electundra, St Kilda Festival, and played live in Germany and Poland.
In 2016 KOshowKO was nominated for the Art Music Awards in the Excellence in Experimental Music category for the participation in the album release ‘Intone: Voice Abstractions’. Earlier on, KOshowKO track ‘The Story’ was a finalist in the International Songwriting Competition in the Dance category while another track, ‘Whispers’, received a special mention in the Best Songwriter category in The Music Aid Song Contest and Music Awards.
Other credits include the soundtrack for the award-winning documentary ‘Revolving Door’, shown on TV in Australia and overseas after making the rounds at various film festivals on four continents.
Music videos promoting various KOshowKO releases have been screened around the globe in a selection of film and music video festivals. Martin K as KOshowKO has also had the opportunity to collaborate with such artists as Chicks On Speed, Severed Heads and B(if)tek.
KOshowKO tracks also appear on Enerald & Doreen’s vinyl compilation ‘100’ as well as on Emerald Waves Vol.1 and Mystery Tour – Jerry Bouthier Selects & Mixes Emerald & Doreen’s Catalogue.
In recent years, KOshowKO has pioneered venue-specific live audience sampling with the use of iPads and in 2019, Martin has curated and produced a compilation album titled ‘Mobile Strategies: Battery-Powered Sonics’ for Clan Analogue recordings. This album includes one KOshowKO track and contributions from 25 music producers located on 3 continents and utilising a broad range of portable, battery-powered setups.
Collaborators Koshowko have worked with include:
- Chicks On Speed
- Philosophy Of Sound
- Dico Stu
- Valley Forge
- Irregular Disco Workers
- Marbeya Sound
- The Giver (Single) 2016. (Las Machinas 004)
- Whispers – Remixes (Single) 2016. (Emerald & Doreen Records EDR 164)
- It’s Time Now (Single) 2014. (Emerald & Doreen Records EDR 073)
- The Truth Is In Me (EP) 2010. (Clan Analogue CA039K)
- Remix This (feat. Rupert Owen) (Single) 2009. (Las Machinas 002)
- Anarchy Monarchy (EP) 2008. (Las Machinas 001)
- Promise (EP) 2007.(Clan Analogue, CA 036C)
Selected Remixes and Compilations:
- KOshowKO – Neaty + Tidy. 2019 (on V/A “Mobile Strategies: Battery-powered Sonics”, Clan Analogue, CA 053)
- Iubar Project – Nowy [KOshowKO Remix]. 2019 (Las Machinas 006)
- KOshowKO – It’s Time Now [Marbeya Sound Remix]. 2015 (“Mystery Tour – Jerry Bouthier Selects & Mixes Emerald & Doreen’s Catalogue”, EDR099)
- KOshowKO – Now You’re Talking Baby. 2015 (on V/A “Intone: Voice Abstractions”, Clan Analogue, CA044)
- B(if)tek – We Think You’re Dishy [Koshowko Remix]. 2010 (Clan Analogue, CA 038)
- Disco Stu – God Is Dead [Koshowko Remix]. 2010 (Clan Analogue, CA 038)
- Valley Forge – Machine-Built Rhythm [Koshowko Remix]. 2010 (Clan Analogue, CA 039v)
- Winduptoys & KOshowKO – Switched On. 2006 (Clan Analogue, CA 037)
Sample of press feedback:
- “Featuring the haunting vocals of Swiss songstress Florence Etelka, ‘It’s Time Now’ is an infectious delivery of disco-flavoured beats, washed out synth and layers of pulsing electro-bounce.” (‘It’s Time Now’, single review, Acid Stag Blog)
- “Do yourself a favour today, get onto your iTunes store and get a copy of this EP. You will not regret it. Clever, catchy, dangerously original, well produced, and largely under the radar. Do not risk not knowing about this stuff.” (‘Anarchy Monarchy’, EP review, BEAT Magazine)
- “To start the party, let’s just say that ‘atmospheric euphoria’, a term I now own the copyright of, is all that need to be said about the latest KOSHOWKO release out through Australian label, Clan Analogue. If laidback is how you get your groove on then look no further. Titled ‘The Truth In Me’, this EP is the ultimate soundtrack for chillout sessions. My money’s on the title track, so find this nugget of cool on Soundcloud or Juno and enjoy your summer rides to the beach and backyard shenanigans.” (‘The Truth Is In Me’, EP review, 3D World Magazine)
- “A distinctly more dancefloor-friendly edge… An extremely fine EP that’s well worth seeking out on iTunes.” (‘Anarchy Monarchy’, EP review, 3D World Magazine)